Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer Days

I can't get ENOUGH of Caleb in the pool, wearing nothing but a sun hat and popsicle juice. He is all chubs and dimples and smiles and furrowed brows as he chases Duplos around the little plastic pool. The pool is just the right height for him to pull himself up on it, and oh is he proud! Here is where I would love to insert a picture of Mr. Chubbles himself, but my camera is packed... (We are still living at Gramma's, but it looks like we should be living at home by the end of August???)

Caleb enjoyed "Puffs" for the first time this week. He has tried them before, but they were too dry, so he always gagged on them. Now he grabs them with his front teeth, looks out the corner of his eye, and appears to think very hard as he crunches down and then mushes them around his mouth. He also tried yogurt for the first time today; which was also a hit... after the initial shudder at the first tangy bite. I love it! I never would have guessed how much fun it is to introduce new and yummy foods to my baby. (Insert another adorable photo here.)

Now Gramma and I are sitting here, lost in our individual cyber-spaces, licking the last drops of microwave s'mores off our lips. We didn't have any firewood, but the neighbors are having s'mores, so we wanted them, too!

And now a happy, summer poem for you.

Midsummer Joys
by Winifred Sackville Stoner, Jr.

Give me the joys of summer,
    Of SUMMER QUEEN so fair,
With wealth of lovely flowers
    And fruits and sun-kissed air!
Talk not to me of winter
    With ice and frost and snow,
Nor changing spring and autumn
    When howling winds will blow.
No, I will take the joys
    Of SUMMER every time,
So to this Queen of Seasons
    I dedicate my rhyme.


2 comments:

  1. I happened on your blog while trying to search for mine. How funny that two Erin's would choose the same blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a strange coincidence!

    ReplyDelete